₹249.00 – ₹699.00
Oily skin woes? Jojoba oil should be your go to skin care product. Not just skin, this oil is perfect for your oily scalp as well. Because jojoba oil mimics the oil (sebum) produced by our skin, when applied to the face, it tricks the skin into believing it has produced enough sebum. Thus the production of sebum decreases which in turn prevents acne and breakouts. Not just that, Jojoba oil is a boss at multitasking. It is the ultimate make up remover, very effective in fighting diaper rash, add a couple of drops of this oil to your shampoo and you would not need a conditioner, it is the perfect hair oil for the oily scalp. Make your shelf happy with this fab oil.
What Is Jojoba Oil?
It is one oil that is structurally and chemically similar to human sebum. Sebum is an oily, waxy substance secreted by the sebaceous glands. It waterproofs and lubricates the hair and skin of mammals. So, this oil acts as a substitute while giving similar or even added benefits compared to sebum. Jojoba is applied directly to the skin for the prevention of acne, psoriasis, sunburn, and chapped skin. It is also used topically in the scalp to encourage the regrowth of hair in people who are balding. Jojoba also possesses antibacterial properties and most types of bacteria will not reproduce and will die if they come in contact with the oil. It contains high amounts of minerals, antioxidants and vitamin E, which helps in promoting healthy hair and skin. Because it is an excellent emollient, the manufacturing industry uses jojoba as an ingredient in a variety of products like shampoo, lipstick, makeup, cleansing products, and in the face, hand, and body lotions.
Why Is Jojoba Oil Good For My Skin?
- It is very effective in treatment for acne; since structurally it is very similar to sebum, when applied to the face, it tricks the skin into believing it has produced enough sebum. Thus the production of sebum decreases and balances out, and so does the acne. Eventually, the face will be less oily, but will still be moisturized and protected.
- It also prevents clogging of pores and in fact it help in unclogging of the already clogged pores.
- This oil is quite effective in washing away the dirt and grime from the face as well.
- It also controls oily skin very well. Oily skin is nothing but the presence of overactive sebaceous glands. Jojoba oil controls oily skin by modulating sebum production. Regular use of the oil will ensure that the skin is properly moisturized, but without the oily feeling.
- It is important that we keep our skin moisturised and hydrated. This oil can be a very good replacement of night creams. It is all natural and an excellent emollient not only for the face but also for the whole body. It can be a very good, all natural substitute of body butters.
Why Is Jojoba Oil Good For My Hair ?
- The oil moisturizes the scalp, making sure the cells are healthy and thriving thereby preventing a flaky scalp and dandruff.
- Hair loss can be a result of blocking of the follicles or clogging of pores. Jojoba oil is famous for unclogging pores, it stimulates and promotes new hair growth. It encourages the development of new hair cells and improves the microcirculation in the scalp as well.
How Should I Use Jojoba Oil?
- Use it instead of an oil controlling moisturizer
Take 3-4 drops of this oil in your palm and apply it generously all over your face and neck.
- Use it instead of a makeup remover
Just take a few drops and apply it all over the face and neck, let it set, and then simply rinse away. This easy process clears away all the impurities accumulated over the day.
- Use it instead of any other hair oil
Take 10-12 drops and apply it over your scalp such that all the hair roots are covered and leave it on overnight and wash it off in the morning.
Q : Is Jojoba oil, an oil or wax?
Technically, it is a wax. It doesn’t go rancid like oils, hence doesn’t need any chemical preservatives.
Q : Does the Jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs contain any added colour pigment?
No, it doesn’t. It is pure and contains no chemicals.
Q : Does the Jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs contain any added fragrance?
No, it doesn’t. At Speaking Herbs we believe that the products should be in its purest form.
Q : How is Jojoba oil different?
Structurally Jojoba oil is similar to the sebum produced by our skin, hence it is absorbed faster by the outer layer of our skin which in turn helps to retain moisture.
Q : What is the colour of Jojoba oil?
Pure, organic, cold pressed Jojoba oil should be pale golden in colour.
Q : What does Jojoba oil smell like?
The Jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs is odourless.
Q : What is sebum?
The glands in your skin naturally secrete a waxy substance called “sebum” to moisturize and protect your skin. It plays an important role in keeping your skin healthy and naturally moisturized.
Q : Can Jojoba Oil be used by a person having oily skin?
Yes, Jojoba oil can be used even when you have an oily skin.Since structurally it is very similar to sebum, when applied to the face, it tricks the skin into believing it has produced enough sebum. Thus the production of sebum decreases and balances out, and so does the acne. Eventually, the face will be less oily, but will still be moisturized and protected.
Q : Is the Jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs pure?
Yes, the jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs is absolutely pure, organic, cold pressed and doesn’t contain any added chemicals. It is extra virgin and the raw materials used are of superior quality.
Q : Does the Jojoba oil of Speaking Herbs contain mineral oil?
No, it doesn’t.
Q : Can Jojoba oil be used for babies?
Yes, you can use Jojoba oil instead of a diaper rash cream. It is a soothing natural alternative.
Q : Can it cause any allergies or side effects?
No, it should not but a patch test is always recommended.